Your support opens doors for children and their families
Every year, The Centers for Exceptional Children reaches thousands of people in our community; not just children with special needs, but also their parents, grandparents, brothers and sisters. We are uniquely qualified to help these families as they prepare their children to lead more independent, productive and fulfilling lives.
Each child receives an individualized care plan that addresses their unique physical, learning and social needs with leading-edge therapies and educational tools. But providing these activities can be expensive, and we cannot do it alone. We are fortunate to work in partnership with the Winston-Salem Forsyth County Schools and The United Way, but we also rely on the generosity of people like you to help our children and their families thrive.
Private donations help provide:
- Funding for out Infant & Toddler Program, which offers the earliest interventions and educational opportunities for children ages birth through 2 years with physical and developmental disabilities or delays
- Funding for the Family Support Network of Greater Forsyth to provide advocacy, education and support for families of children with special needs
- Funding for our Afterschool and Summer Programs, ensuring our students have medically safe, educationally stimulating care even when school is not in session
- Funding for non-traditional enrichment activities that foster growth and independence, such as therapeutic horseback riding, horticulture therapy and adaptive art instruction
- Funding for an additional nurse and teacher assistants, and professional development for all staff
Your financial support is critical in ensuring we have the necessary resources to make these opportunities available for our children and families. Simply put, your donations can change lives.
For more information, please contact Shana Heilbron, Director of Development & Marketing, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-727-2440.