Volunteer with Family Support Network
How can you help support families who have children with special needs?
- Become a trained support parent so you can be available to other families who have children with special needs
- Supply food for a “Chat & Snack” event at Brenner Children’s Hospital (church groups or volunteer organizations) or Forsyth Medical Center’s NICU families
- Volunteer to interpret if you speak a second language
- Volunteer to help with “Sibshops”
- Help with Family events such as “Breakfast with Santa”
- Host a medical or education student in your home for a few hours to help them to better understand life with a child who has special needs
- Provide clerical help in our office
- Donate office supplies, food/drink items or money to help support our programs
If you would be interested in one of these opportunities to help families who have children with special needs, please call our office at 336.703.4289. Family Support Network of Greater Forsyth is located in The Special Children’s School at 4505 Shattalon Drive, Winston-Salem, NC 27106.